Due to the several benefits of the Node.JS backend framework, it has skyrocketed in demand. Some of the most business tycoons and brands like Twitter, Uber, PayPal, Netflix, and several other renowned companies use the Node.JS platform. It has been studied that almost 1/3rd of developers choose Node.JS as the best JS backend framework.
Best Node JS Frameworks For Backend:
Despite the Node.JS backend framework being versatile and flexible, developers still face challenges while achieving certain things in the development cycle. So, here are the various other backend JS frameworks exclusively created for developers to help complete their job.
- Express.JS: It is a widely used Node.JS backend framework by developers. This framework requires minimal design and is lightweight with vast help for HTTP. Most commonly, developers who are not looking for an expensive and long development process choose this Node.JS framework. It is heavily used for developing Web applications, mobile apps, and APIs.
- Meteor.JS: It is another Node.JS framework supporting dynamic imports, real-time functionality, protection of API, and connectivity between the backend and front end.
- Nest.JS: It is a popular Node.JS back and framework chosen for enterprise-level developments. Node.JS is a backend framework known for its power as it consists of a vast library that implements MVP, typescript, integrated OOP, FRP, and FP.
- Socket.io: This is one of the best backend JS frameworks known for being user-friendly to use. With this Note.JS framework, it becomes easy for developers to use it on several platforms. It supports binary, multiplexing, and reconnection.
- Loopback.io: This Node.JS framework helps developers provide several features while creating API and simplifying it. It also supports storage services and ad-hoc queries.
- Koa.JS: It is another Node.JS backend framework that simplifies error handling and improves application performance.
Node.JS is one backend framework is exclusively chosen because of its ability to design scalable and flexible solutions. The non-blocking and event-driven nature of the NodeJS framework makes it one of the best backend frameworks. However, here, we will check out why the NodeJS backend framework is usually chosen for back-end development by professionals.
Efficiency in productivity:
Ability to use many times:
Developers consider NodeJS backend framework as it supports meteor.JS and Express.JS. Express.JS is mainly used for the backend as MERN – which is a Node.JS framework. Several components in the backend JS frameworks can be used multiple times.
The huge online community of the best NodeJS framework ensures the speed of the development cycle. When developers require help or are unable to proceed, or are stuck with an issue, the community of the Node JS for backend framework can be valuable. As there are several developers, you are more likely to get the solution as the chances are higher that another developer has already solved the issue. The active community makes it the best backend framework.
What are the advantages of choosing a Node.JS backend framework for development?
- Assured performance for real-time apps: The web applications built on the NodeJS framework helps users multitask. Compared to other platforms, the event-driven architecture enables this framework to process multiple requests without making it heavy for the RAM. Node.JS backend framework is known for having an impact on the application performance.
- A vast community: The Node.JS framework is known for being the best backend framework because of the extended community with active developers. With specialists available to help developers makes it easy for the developers to overcome any difficulty. This community is supported by big tech companies like Facebook, Netflix, Google, and Amazon, which becomes helpful for developers.
- Cross-functional team building: The full stack development ability available in the best Node.JS framework can be helpful for developers to create teams wholly focused on enhancing the development life-cycle. Such a work environment improves productivity and enables fixing issues much faster.
- Scalable application: The noteworthy technology in the Node.JS framework is its cluster module. This specific module makes it one of the most popular backend frameworks as it enables balancing load in different system configurations. This technology allows smaller models to achieve desired results without making them heavy on the RAM.
What are the drawbacks of the Node.JS backend framework?
- Not practical while managing computing tasks: Node.JS framework is usually great but unsuitable for heavy computing tasks. It uses CPU power and results in slowing down the event loop. Even when the worker threads module has been released, there are still some challenges with hi-end computing needs.
- Maintaining codes can be challenging: If you have experience working with JS, you know the problems with callback issues. It results in inadvertent errors and becomes hard to read.
- Lack of expert Node.JS developers: It is one of the most popular backend frameworks, but there are fewer talented developers. This makes it challenging for companies to ensure successful development.
The growing popularity of Node.JS framework:
Node JS is currently one of the most chosen mobile and app development frameworks. This has become one of the most popular backend frameworks because of its ability to resolve challenges and reduce problems in the development phase. The excellent outcome that developers can provide by using the best backend JS frameworks helps improve their horizons and provide innovative features. Additionally, the vast community of functional and talented developers becomes helpful for resolving any issues with the Node.JS frameworks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Node.js is considered the best backend framework for web development in 2023 due to its efficient and scalable nature, robust ecosystem, and ability to handle a large number of concurrent connections.
The advantages of using Node.js as a backend framework in 2023 include its fast and event-driven architecture, extensive package ecosystem (npm), seamless integration with front-end technologies, and the ability to build real-time applications.
Node.js contributes to enhanced performance and scalability in web development by utilizing a non-blocking, asynchronous I/O model, allowing for efficient handling of multiple requests simultaneously. This enables developers to build highly responsive and scalable web applications.
Yes, Node.js is suitable for both small-scale and large-scale web development projects in 2023. Its lightweight nature and ability to handle concurrent connections make it ideal for both simple, single-page applications and complex, enterprise-level systems.
Some successful examples of companies leveraging Node.js as their backend framework in 2023 include Netflix, PayPal, LinkedIn, Walmart, and Uber. These companies have adopted Node.js to achieve high performance, scalability, and real-time capabilities in their web applications.